Friday, June 15, 2012

Future Costume Plans?



Hey everyone!

Like every cosplayer, we have a list of things we want to make in the future, some silly and outlandish, which are kind of inside jokes, as well as things we are completely serious on making. There are many reasons why we have to wait on certain costumes, and some that I've been planning to do for years and years that I just haven't gotten around to for some reason.

Here are some of my 5 planned costumes and why I'm waiting to make them:

1. Cybermen (both Katie and Katrina)
Look at them, how awesome, intimidating and TALL. We've begun planning different aspect of these, but we haven't started patterning anything out. It will be a while before we can afford to take on something on such as scale as this. It is also going to be hard since we don't live in the same apartment complex any more, or even in the same city! We sincerely hope to get these done in the next year and a half or so… maybe for Dragon*Con 2013?

2. Fallout 3 or New Vegas (Katrina, Katie and her boyfriend)
Since we first played Fallout 3, we have wanted to make costumes from it. We aren't sure how we'd make Pip-Boys, among other concerns about props and weapons, so we keep putting this on the backburner. I think Katrina wants to make a Brotherhood of Steel Scribe costume, and I had previously wanted to make Vault Dweller costumes for myself and my boyfriend, but I don't know if I want to make those jumpsuits now… Another of our friends had talked about making Raider Painspike Armor, but we're not sure how serious she was about that. Katrina and I are going to try to make some sort of Fallout costume for Dragon*Con 2012… but we'll see.

3. Monster Hunter (Katie and her boyfriend)
I want to make a set of armor from Monster Hunter to go with my boyfriend. He's been planning on making  a set of armor from this game series for a couple of years now… and I think I can get mine finished before him, and I've only planned on doing it since this January! I want to put a lot into the armor that I chose to make, and I simply don't have the funds right now to make the armor I want to do in the way I planned on making it.

4. Barbarella (both Katie and Katrina)
If you've never seen this ridiculous 1970s sci-fi movie… well I'm not sure it's for everyone. It's a ridiculous extremely dated film, but the costumes are awesome! The title character has many crazy characters, and after watching this together, we immediately decided we wanted to make different costumes that Barbarella wore. I'm planning on doing the green tiley dress from the end of the movie and Katrina wants to do the White and Black vinyl outfit. These started as somewhat of a joke, but we're serious on doing these! Personally, I want to wait until I get into the shape I am working toward.

5. Chrono Cross (Katie and other friends)
If anyone has ever over thought a costume, Katie and her friends have done it with these costumes. We've been planning to make a large Chrono Cross group since 2005 or 2006, and we still haven't done them. There's been no super big reason except that we just keep saying "Maybe next year". Katie was planning on doing Leena, making her boyfriend a Serge. As it stands right now, maybe we'll get them done for Animazement 2013? Who knows?

There are many, many more things on the list of things we're thinking of making in the future, both individually and as a group, but I think these are the ones that we're most serious about in a way…

We'll see how this all goes, haha

-Katie

EDIT:

6. Daenerys Targarian (Katrina)
Katrina fell in love with the Game of Thrones tv show and just has to do Daenerys because she is a badass and awesome character. She also loves all of her outfits and is having a hard time deciding on which one she wants to do. She might get it done by Dragon*con but is not sure if she has the time.

~Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment